Windrowers (or swathers) are farm implements that cut grain, grass, hay, and other forage and lays them down neatly into what are called windrows.
Inside the windrower’s rotary cutting header, blades rotate in a specific pattern to cut and gather the material. Then, the header deposits the cut material in neat rows out the back of the machine. This way, the next farm implement that comes by to gather the material (for threshing or cleaning or baling, etc.), can quickly and easily pick up the cuttings.
As the windrower moves across the field, it may encounter objects such as rocks and boulders. If the internal swathers hit these objects at full speed, it could damage the equipment. Most windrowers have rock guards, but debris can still get
by them. If a rock was to get into the cutting area as the blades are moving at full speed, damage can occur.
Finding a rugged pressure switch that can provide an accurate signal when a pressure spike is seen in the hydraulic system. The swather cutting blades rotates via hydraulic fluid pumped from the tractor’s PTO system into the windrowers rotary assembly. If the swather hits an object, the pressure in the hydraulic system will spike up. A sensor will need to be installed in the hydraulic system to monitor if pressure spikes occur – indicating an obstruction. The sensor will send a signal to the pump’s controller to indicate a fault or decrease pressure in the PTO. Mounted on a farm implement, the pressure sensor will need to be able to handle the shock, vibration, heat, and water spray to survive.
The redesigned PS61 Series Pressure Switch has been extensively tested to withstand up to 7,000 psi (483 bar) of pressure without incurring any type of damage. Also, MIL-STD 202G testing for vibration and shock has been achieved. The electrical connection backends have been designed and tested to IPX7, IPX9K, and IP6KX so that they are resistant to dust, high-pressure/high-temperature washdown, as well as submergence. The PS61 Series Pressure Switches have been designed and tested to survive for over 2,000,000 cycles so that the farmer can be assured that their equipment will have a long life.
Adding the PS61 Series Pressure Switch to your windrower hydraulic application is a large asset to ensure your equipment will have a long life and low maintenance requirement.
Features of the Gems PS61 Series Pressure Switch:
- Exceptional Long-Term Stability = No need for costly field calibration or replacement
- Operates over 2,000,000 cycles = long life without need for replacement
- Sealed to IPX7, IPX9K, and IP6KX = heavy water spray, power-washing, submergence
- Computer Controlled Calibration = High 1:1 Interchangeability from unit to unit
- Passes MIL-STD-202G Vibration, Shock, and Free Fall test = Rugged design to handle excessive shock and vibration conditions
- Industry-standard pressure port options = will work in most applications
- Industry-standard electrical connection options = will work in most applications