An integrated sensor is the core technology of a sensor without the package. It allows for multiple sensor technologies to be combined or "integrated" into a single plug-and-play assembly. Integrating as little as 3 sensors can reduce leak points by 75%, reduce footprint by up to 80%, while also reducing the complexity and optimizing the end-user's experience.
This animation shows how a piston type flow switch and a valve are integrated into an assembly that also contained: bypass re-circulation, filtration and reverse flow prevention.
Gems offers several types of integrated sensors, including:
- Simple, reliable reed switch and piston operating principle
- Flexible form for plug-and-play
- Accurate, robust and debris tolerant design
- Mates well with valves, temperature and pressure sensors within a liquid sensing and control module
- Small and adaptable footprint
- Highly accurate and repeatable technology using Hall Effect
- Designed for low flow OEM applications
- Compact core technology to reduce component space
- Features accuracy, stability, reliability, media compatibility and vibration resistance
- 303 stainless steel
- Can be used with any Gems manifold mount type A Series or B Series valves