Off-Highway Vehicle manufacturers require feedback on the status of all the fluid level containers on their vehicles, but they struggle with the different style and types of sensors required to provide that feedback. With all these different applications with different fluids, the manufacturer needs to buy and stock several different styles of these liquid level sensors. Many different part numbers, in lower volume, leads to increased costs and adds to warehousing more parts than needed.
Challenge: Finding a single liquid level sensor, with no moving parts, that will reliably detect water, oil, coolant as well as fuel and will endure the environment of an excavator.
Traditional liquid level sensors (that can detect all fluids) rely on a float that will physically move up and down. The sensor is calibrated to the specific gravity of the fluid. It will operate differently in oil as compared to water. Also, these traditional float-style sensors have moving parts. When they are mounted in a high vibration and shock, environment, like an excavator, the floats can become damaged and malfunction.
Solution: Gems Sensors’ new Universal Level Sensor
Based on Gems’ new universal level sensing technology, the new Universal Level Sensor does not rely on the characteristics (for example varying specific gravities) of the fluid to detect its presence or absence. It will reliably detect most any liquid. With its robust housing, IP6k9k rating, and wide operating temperature range, the new Universal Level Sensor is perfect for the most demanding conditions often present in construction equipment.
Universal Level Sensor Features & Benefits:
- Durable sealed design – IP6k9k
- High pressure range
- Developed for the most rugged aqueous, oil and hydrocarbon applications
- Tolerates coolant coating – no false triggers due to old, dried on fluid
- Wide temperature range
- Small size – under 3˝ (75 mm) total length
- Specialty and Off-Highway vehicles
- Water / Waste water
- Alternative Energy
- Oil & Gas
- XM/XT-800: liquid level continuous sensor, fluid storage tanks
- XM/XT-700: liquid level continuous sensor, fluid storage tanks
- 3100/3200: pressure sensor, hydraulic system
- 1100: pressure sensor, air compressor and engine oil pressure
- D-Valve: fluid control