As a city bus is making it’s rounds through the city, there are numerous functions that are all running simultaneously to keep the bus on time, to keep the passengers on time and to ensure all runs smoothly with no interruptions.
Keeping the bus’s engine cool and operating properly is one of the most important functions. Overheating a city bus in the summertime can cause serious backups of getting passengers to their destinations. To avoid overheating, there is a reserve of coolant in a tank separate from the radiator. When the bus’s coolant runs low, the engine can draw coolant from the overflow tank to replace what is missing.
Challenge: Ensuring that the coolant overflow tank has reserve coolant for when it is needed
Operating a sensor in an on-the-road application can be a serious challenge with temperature extremes, vibration, humid areas as well as being sprayed by water, mud, road salt, etc.
Solution: CAP-3 Series Liquid Level Sensor
Utilizing a durable and sealed brass body, the CAP-3 level sensors are 100% compatible with the environment that comes with being installed on a mobile coolant system. This extra protection will lead to accurate coolant level readings as well as a long-lasting solution for trouble-free operation.
Features of the Gems CAP-3 Series Level Sensors
- Tolerates coolant coating = No false triggers if dried coolant is left on sensor’s tip
- Exceptional Long-Term Stability = No need for costly field calibration or replacement
- Sealed to IP67 & IP6k9k = Heavy water spray, power-washing will not affect the sensor
- Enhanced RFI, EMI, and ESD Protection = Clear Uninterrupted signal in harsh electrical environments
- Passes stringent Vibration test (MIL-STD-202G, Method 204D) and Shock test (MIL-STD-202G, Method 213B) = Rugged design to handle excessive shock and vibration conditions