THIS PRIVACY NOTICE APPLIES TO GEMS SENSORS & CONTROLS COLLECTION AND USE OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ PERSONAL INFORMATION, PARTICULARLY WHERE SUCH USE OR COLLECTION IS GOVERNED BY THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) AND RELATES TO CONSUMER TRANSACTIONS. ALTHOUGH THE CCPA APPLIES TO PERSONAL INFORMATION OF INDIVIDUALS THAT ARE RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, GEMS SENSORS & CONTROLS MAY AS A COURTESY EXTEND SOME OF THE CCPA’S REQUIREMENTS TO THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA MORE BROADLY.
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT PROVIDES IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND EXPLAINS YOUR RIGHTS. PLEASE VISIT THIS WEBSITE FROM TIME TO TIME, AS WE MAY UPDATE OUR NOTICE FOR CHANGES IN THE LAW OR OUR DATA PRACTICES. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, OR WISH TO EXERCISE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, WE INVITE YOU TO CONTACT US BY ANY OF THE METHODS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE DOES NOT APPLY TO PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED OR USED EXCLUSIVELY IN THE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CONTEXT, AND IT DOES NOT COVER GEMS SENSORS & CONTROLS COLLECTION OR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE HUMAN RESOURCES CONTEXT.
NOTICE LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 10, 2020
Who are we?
We are Gems Sensors & Controls of One Cowles Road, Plainville, CT 06062 email@example.com 1-855-877-9666.
Gems Sensors and Controls is a global supplier of sensing and control solutions. Gems Sensors and Controls designs and manufactures a broad portfolio of liquid level, flow, and pressure sensors, miniature solenoid valves, proximity switches and integrated fluid management solutions. From agricultural equipment to locomotives to medical devices, Gems products make a difference in the world you interact with every day. Gems Sensors and Controls was founded in 1955 and has facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia. This Privacy Notice explains how we use the Personal Information we hold on prospective, current, or former customers, and the rights you may have in relation to that Personal Information.
We may use your information jointly with our affiliated operating companies worldwide and Fortive Corporation, our parent company, located at 6920 Seaway Boulevard; Everett, Washington, 98203; USA.
What does this Privacy Notice cover?
We take your privacy seriously. This notice:
- sets out the types of Personal Information that we collect about you;
- explains where we collect Personal Information about you from;
- explains how and why we collect and use your Personal Information;
- explains when, why and with who we will share your Personal Information;
- explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your Personal Information; and
- explains how you can contact us.
What Personal Information do we collect about you?
It is routine for us to collect, process and store Personal Information about you over the course of your relationship with us.
Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. It does not include deidentified or aggregate information, or public information lawfully available from governmental records.
In the past 12 months, we may have collected, and disclosed to our third-party service providers, for our business purposes, the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Names, Address and other identifiers – such as name, postal address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, dates of birth or other similar identifiers;
- In extreme cases of public health emergencies such as a pandemic, we may collect some sensitive data to protect you, our workforce and our work sites;
- Unique and online identifiers – IP address, device IDs, or other similar identifiers;
- Information about how you use our website such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement;
- Financial information;
- Characteristics of protected classes under California law (e.g., race, color, religion, etc.);
- Commercial information – such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Education information;
- Audio or video footage collected using CCTV cameras (only if you visit one of our premises that use this technology);
- Geolocation information; and
- Inferences drawn from Personal Information, such as individual profiles, preferences, characteristics, and behaviors.
Where do we collect Personal Information about you from?
We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Directly from you;
- From your employer;
- From an agent/third party acting on your behalf, such as a distributor, one of our affiliated operating companies, a lead referral service, or a data provider who collected information from you directly or indirectly;
- Through publicly available sources; and
- From the use of our CCTV cameras. Where we have cameras on our premises, your image and movements may be recorded.
How and why do we use your Personal Information?
In the past 12 months, we may have collected, used and disclosed Personal Information about you for all of the business and commercial purposes described below:
- To contact you to discuss the services or products you receive from us and any changes to them, including upgrades to services or devices;
- to respond to any questions or concerns you have raised;
- to comply with health and safety regulation, particularly in circumstances of elevated risk, such as during a pandemic or public health emergency to protect the health and safety of the workforce and work sites so that we can provide a safe environment to both our workforce and our visitors;
- to deal with administrative matters such as invoicing, renewal or to audit customer transactions
- to perform services on our behalf, such as customer service, processing or fulfilling orders, and processing payments
- to otherwise carry out our obligations arising under our contract with you and to enforce the same;
- to carry out anti-money laundering and other compliance checks and controls; and
- to verify your identity or for other fraud and/or crime prevention
- to debug errors in our systems;
- for marketing and advertising purposes; and
- for internal research, analytics and development
We will not use your Personal Information for any other unrelated purposes unless we the law requires us to do so.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
From time to time your Personal Information may be shared with the following third parties for the following purposes:
- Professional advisers, including accountancy and legal firms, in order to provide us with advice;
- Service providers, including to provide and support our data management, analytics, security, and storage systems and also workplace safety administration;
- Group companies, for business and operational purposes; and
- Transaction (merger and acquisition) partners, including to facilitate the diligence, negotiation, and completion phases of transactions contemplated by us, our parent company, or affiliated operating companies.
All of these third parties are bound to comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality.
We also share your Personal Information with third parties to comply with legal obligations; when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation; to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to our websites, our businesses, or the public.
We do not grant access to your Personal Information to any other third parties unless we say so in this Privacy Notice or unless the law requires it.
What categories of Personal Information about you have we sold?
In the past 12 months, we have not sold your Personal Information to any other entity.
How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
We aim to protect Personal Information by using reasonable organizational, technological and physical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information we hold. We take measures, which are at least as strict as the law requires, to safeguard your Personal Information, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security. For sensitive data in exceptional cases of public health emergencies such as a pandemic, we aim to keep this data between 2 to 5 weeks to fulfill the health and safety purposes for which such information was collected.
What about marketing?
Do we respond to “Do Not Track” signals?
No, we do not respond to browser or do not track signals.
How do you access or request deletion of your Personal Information?
You can log into your account to access or request deletion of certain information about yourself, or you can do so by using the contact details set out at the end of this Privacy Notice.
What rights do you have in relation to the Personal Information we hold on you?
Residents of certain states may have the following additional privacy rights.
YOUR RIGHT TO REQUEST Disclosure OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND SHARE ABOUT YOU
We are committed to ensuring that you know what information we collect about you. You can submit a request to us for the following information:
- The categories of Personal Information we’ve collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or sold the Personal Information.
- The third parties with whom we shared the information.
- The specific pieces of information we collected.
We are also committed to ensuring that you know what information we share about you. You can submit a request to us for the following further information:
- The categories of Personal Information (if any) that we have sold about you, the third parties to whom we sold that Information, and the category or categories of Personal Information sold to each third party.
- The categories of Personal Information that we have shared with Service Providers who provide services to us.
YOUR RIGHT TO REQUEST THE DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HAVE COLLECTED FROM YOU
Upon your request, we will delete the Personal Information we have collected about you, except for situations where specific information is necessary for us to: provide you with a good or service that you requested; perform a contract we entered into with you; maintain the functionality or security of our systems; or comply with or exercise rights provided by the law. The law also permits us to retain specific information for our exclusively internal use, but only in ways that are compatible with the context in which you provided the information to us or that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
YOUR RIGHT TO ASK US NOT TO SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can always tell us not to sell your Personal Information. You can exercise this right by clicking on this link: https://privacyportal-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/621e5a24-4a48-4985-9286-c0aef822c02d/c452c4e6-3fcd-4317-9792-d7f4ad6e58d7.html
We do not sell Personal Information to third parties.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO HONORING YOUR RIGHTS
We are committed to providing Consumers control over their Personal Information. If you exercise any of the rights explained in this Privacy Notice, we will continue to treat you fairly. In particular, this means that consumers who exercise their rights under this Notice will not be denied or charged different prices or rates for goods or services, or provided a different level or quality of goods or services to other consumer.
CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to annually request, free of charge, information about the Personal Information (if any) disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. No information is shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
How can you make a request to exercise your rights?
To exercise any of the rights above, or to ask a question, contact us at 1-8044-981-1525, or click here: https://privacyportal-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/621e5a24-4a48-4985-9286-c0aef822c02d/c452c4e6-3fcd-4317-9792-d7f4ad6e58d7.html or use the contact details set out at the end of this Privacy Notice.
How will we handle a request to exercise your rights?
We’ll respond as soon as we can, generally within 45 days from when we receive your request, although we may be allowed to take longer to process your request in certain jurisdictions or under certain circumstances. If we expect your request is going to take us longer than normal to fulfil, we’ll let you know.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information in certain situations.
In some cases, the law may allow us to refuse to act on certain requests. When this is the case, we will endeavor to provide you with an explanation as to why.
How can you contact us?
If you have questions on the processing of your Personal Information, would like to exercise any of your rights, or are unhappy with how we’ve handled your information, please contact us here: One Cowles Road Plainville, CT 06062, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to assert your privacy rights, you may also call us toll free at [844-981-1525] or submit a request online at https://privacyportal-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/621e5a24-4a48-4985-9286-c0aef822c02d/c452c4e6-3fcd-4317-9792-d7f4ad6e58d7.html.
What about changes to this Privacy Notice?
We will review and update this Notice periodically in light of changing business practices, technology, and legal requirements. If we make a significant or material change in the way we use or share your Personal Information, you will be notified via email or a notice on our website.