So, what makes Gems’ radar level sensor a good fit for sewage lift stations? Gems’ radar sensor is a perfect
fit for sewage lift stations for several reasons.
- Non-contact design means no media ever comes in contact with the Radar sensor.
This eliminates the need to worry about material compatibility between the media
and sensor components.
- The non-contact design is by default a no moving parts solution, which eliminates the potential
for any mechanical failures from a float-based sensor.
- Also, since it never comes in contact with the media, there’s no issues with debris coating or
causing a float to get stuck.
- Radar through the air technology is a very accurate sensing technology and can detect liquid
level within 5mm, with no effect on its accuracy based on changes in temperature or pressure.
- Radar technology is not affected by condensation or dust in the air like ultra-sonic based
The above characteristics make Gems non-contact Radar sensor an ideal solution to work in sewage
lift station applications. With a standard 4-20mA output it is compatible with almost any type of
controller or display. Gems Radar sensor also has built-in Bluetooth capability making configuring
the sensor to your specific sensor easy and hassle free. Gone are the days of manually filling and
emptying the tank to configure your sensor.
In addition, this simple configuration setup is more efficient than installing a multiple channel
relay with individual probes or floats per channel. This helps save countless installation man
hours and eliminates the potential failure modes from dozens down to practically one.
Gems Non-Contact Radar Level Sensor is an excellent match for sewage lift stations.
Additional Sensors used in Sewage Lift Stations:
- Series 67 Intrinsically Safe Relay
- RLI-G Guided Wave Radar
- Series 3W Wire Suspended Probes
- Series 3F or 3E Probe Pitting
- Series M Mechanical Tilt Float