Did you know that Gems makes a pressure sensor with dual outputs? Yes, we do!!
In many applications, a customer will want to measure both the pressure and the temperature of their application. With the 3101, 3102, 3103 (and the Heavy-Duty Versions: 3201, 3202 and 3203), the customer can choose the pressure range they desire to measure and choose a temperature range they desire to measure:
- The 3101 and 3201 will give you measured pressure in volts on Vout1 and the measured temperature from -40°C to +125°C on Vout2
- The 3102 and 3202 will give you measured pressure in volts on Vout1 and the measured temperature from 0°C to +100°C on Vout2
- The 3101 and 3201 will give you measured pressure in volts on Vout1 and the measured temperature form 0°C to 80°C on Vout2
The output configuration of Vout2 is the same as the output format of Vout1. For example, if you chose a part number that is configured like:
3102 C 100PG 02 E 0 00
- The pressure output will be 1 to 6 VDC over 0 to 100 psi
- The temperature output will be 1 to 6 VDC over 0°C to +100 °C
Hydraulic Power Unit: Monitoring an HPU for both the pressures being generated as well as monitoring the temperatures of the oil to ensure they do not get too hot.
Therapeutic RF Generator: Monitoring the coolant loop of an RF Generator system used in cryogen therapy.
Scissor Lift Platform: Providing feedback to the control system to prevent overheating during heavy use as well as hot conditions.
Hydraulics controlling excavator: monitors pressure in hydraulic system as well as provides feedback to master controller on hydraulic temperature readings to prevent shortened equipment lifespan
Notes on the Dual Output Pressure Sensor’s Characteristics and Specifications:
- The temperature output will draw an additional 2 mA of power over what is stated on the data sheet.
- The accuracy of the temperature output is approximately 3.5% of Full-Scale temperature span.
- The dual pressure and temperature output are only available with the following output configurations:
-N: 0.5-4.5V Non-Ratiometric
-T: 0.5-4.5V Ratiometric
It is not available with a 4-20mA output or 0-5V & 0-10V output
- The dual pressure and temperature outputs are only available with the following electrical connection configurations:
-B: Mini-DIN 9.4 mm
-E: M12 x 1P
-G: Large DIN
-3: ½” NPT Male Conduit
-8: Deutsch DT04-4P
It is not available with any three-wire options (like the Packard -9, AMP -6 or Deutsch DT04-3P -Y)