Rather than running extra electrical wires around a job site, compressed air is a very common source of low-pressure energy used in industrial applications. Compressed air is used on construction sites to run large power tools like cement chisels and jack hammers. It is also used widely on factory floors to handle or move parts. For example, a manufacturing facility may use compressed air to close a fixture around a part to perform a manufacturing step. Or, a commercial bakery might use a burst of compressed air to blow a poorly baked roll off a conveyor belt.
Challenge: Finding a pressure sensor that can provide a high number of cycles as well as be airtight to prevent leaks.
When working with compressed air, leaking is a large waste of this energy, up to a 30% loss. Having a tightly sealed sensor will reduce this waste. Also, many manufacturing routines are extremely repetitive and can cause a high number of cycles to be placed on the equipment. Devices on the system (including pressure sensors) need to be able to be accurate over a very long lifetime.
Solution: CPS-100 Series Pressure Sensors
The CPS-100 series pressure sensors use no internal O-rings in the chamber that holds air. The 316 stainless-steel pressure ports and sensing diaphragms are laser-welded together to make an air-tight seal. This will prevent leaks today as well as years in the future as O-rings can break down over time and cause leaks. Along with the 100 million cycle lifetime, the CPS-100 series Pressure Sensor are a perfect fit to provide a continuous feedback of air pressure to your controller.
Adding the CPS-100 Series Pressure Sensors to your pneumatic applications is a large asset to ensure your equipment will have a long life and low maintenance need.
Features of the Gems CPS-100 Series Pressure Sensors:
- Exceptional Long-Term Stability = No need for costly field calibration or replacement
- Thermally compensated = Consistent performance under wide temperature conditions
- 316 Stainless Steel body = Able to with stand harsh chemicals and gasses
- Sealed to IP67 = heavy water spray, power-washing
- Enhanced RFI, EMI, and ESD Protection = Clear uninterrupted signal in harsh electrical environments
- Computer Controlled Calibration = High 1:1 Interchangeability from unit to unit
- Passes 20G Vibration test and IEC Free Fall test = Rugged design to handle excessive shock and vibration conditions
- XT/XM-700: hydraulic reservoir tank level, links product landing pages
- CAP-300: coolant low level
- XLS-1: oil level low level
- LS-7: fluid reservoir tank low/high level