Pressure Transducer & Oil Pressure Sensors
Gems™ Pressure Transducers Deliver Top Performance and Value Under Pressure!
When your applications require exceptional pressure sensing performance and long-life reliability, look to Gems to deliver. From vacuum to 10,000 psig (-1 to 689 bar), we've got you covered with the industry's largest selection and best choice of technologies. Our capacitance type sensors are ideal for high volume use; sputtered thin film types are the most precise pressure sensors you can buy, and our other types satisfy all requirements in between.
- Off-Highway Vehicles -- Load Weighing Systems and Load Moment Indicating
- Natural Gas Equipment -- Compressors and Dispensing Equipment
- Semiconductor Processing -- Wafer Manufacturing
- Power Plants -- Piping Steam Pressure
- Refrigeration -- Compressors and Lube Oil Pressure Equipment
- Robotics -- Factory Automated Equipment
- Test & Measurement -- Dynamometers, Medical Instrumentation, Wind Tunnels
- Barometrics -- Altimeter certification, Weather Stations
- HVAC -- Compressors, Filter Monitoring, Energy Management
- Transportation -- Breaking, Compressors, Lifts, Air Conditioning
Chemical Vapor Deposition manufacturing methods bond a polysilicon layer to a stainless steel diaphragm at the molecular level to produce a sensor with superior long term drift performance. Common batch processing semiconductor manufacturing methods are used to create a polysilicon strain gauge bridge with terrific performance at a very reasonable price. CVD construction offers excellent price/performance and is the most popular sensor for OEM applications.
Sputtered film deposition creates transducers with maximum combined linearity, hysteresis and repeatability. Accuracy is as high as 0.08% full scale with long term drift as low as 0.06% full scale per year. Phenomenal performance for critical instruments -- Gems sputtered thin film transducers are the jewels of the pressure sensing industry.
Gems manufactures capacitance type pressure sensors for a wide range of high volume OEM specialty applications. Detecting the capacitance change between two surfaces allows Gems transducers to sense extremely low pressure and vacuum levels. Robust construction allows these units to be used in a wide variety of applications. Coupled with an ASIC, these units provide good price/performance in a host of packaging styles.
These transducers employ a micomachined silicon (MMS) diaphragm to detect pressure changes. The silicon diaphragm is protected from the media by an oil-filled 316SS isolation diaphragm; they react in tandem to process fluid pressure. MMS sensors utilize common semiconductor manufacturing techniques that allow for high proof pressure, good linearity, great thermal shock performance and stability in a thin sensor package.
- Excellent Repeatability, Reliability
- Sensing Ranges from Vacuum to 10,000 psi (-1 to 689 bar)
- Broad Range of Sensing Technologies:
- Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Sputtered Thin Film
Other Pressure Sensors